Thermal imaging utilizes infrared technology to locate moisture. In some instances, visible evidence of mold only appear after significant damage has already been done to a building. Thermal imaging allows us to identify potential mold problems before that happens. It also allows us to obtain additional information about the locations that do have visible evidence, resulting in more
Thermal imaging is vital in addition to a visual inspection for the following reasons:
- It allows examination for places that are typically not visible or hard to access, like roofs or ceilings.
- It lets large areas be examined much faster.
- It helps locate the sources and extent of moisture intrusion, such as leaks, that are not visible.
- It identifies potentially problematic areas without the need for direct contact of unsanitary areas.
- It provides visual documentation of the path the moisture intrusion and its path through other affected areas.