Mold can have a wide variety of effects on people’s health, and possibly may not have any at all. People who are susceptible to mold due to allergies or a compromised immune system may suffer from serious infections and should avoid mold is able.

In 2004 the Institute of Medicine (IOM) found there was sufficient evidence to link indoor exposure to mold with upper respiratory tract symptoms, cough, and wheeze in otherwise healthy people; with asthma symptoms in people with asthma; and with hypersensitivity pneumonitis in individuals susceptible to that immune-mediated condition. The IOM also found limited or suggestive evidence linking indoor mold exposure and respiratory illness in otherwise healthy children.

Source: https://www.cdc.gov/mold/dampness_facts.htm

Close Menu